Block Paving & Pattern Imprinted Concrete in Abingdon, Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire
When it comes to trusted installations of blocking paving and pattern imprinted concrete patios and driveways in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire, Parklane Driveways comes second to none. Based at Yarnton Nurseries since our establishment in 2014, we have direct access to locations including Abingdon, Banbury and Bicester. As paving contractors, our team shares more than 30 years of trade and industry experience, so our clients can rest assured that we complete within stated timescales and budgets.
As paving contractors, we provide property owners in Didcot, Kidlington, Witney and the surrounding areas with services that include:
- Professionally Installed Driveways
- Professionally Laid Patios
- Pathway & Walkway Installations
- Expertise in Pattern Imprinted Concrete
- Specialist Skills in Block Paving
- No-Obligation Consultations
- Free Help, Advice & Quotations
- A 2-Year Product Guarantee
In our role as locally-trusted paving contractors, Parklane Driveways undertakes work in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire with £10m employer’s liability and £5m public liability insurance coverage.
Block Paving Patios & Driveways | What to Expect
When it comes to installations of block paving patios and driveways, we recommend that our clients in Abingdon, Banbury, Bicester and the neighbouring locations make a clear decision on what they want their installation to achieve. With a clear vision in mind, we can advise homeowners in Didcot, Kidlington, Witney and nearby locations on the optimal materials for their block paving work.
When installation of block paving driveways and patios gets under way, they follow these basic steps:
- Excavation – Digging out of the chosen area, ensuring that any finished level is at least 150mm below the damp proof course of any adjoining buildings
- Create a Fall – If the site in Abingdon, Banbury, Bicester or the surrounding areas appears to be flat, we create a fall of 1:40 for width and 1:80 for length to avoid standing water issues
- Subbase – The subbase material depends on specific site circumstances, but whichever type it is, we lay it over the foundations in layers of 50mm before compacting with a vibrating plate.
- Screeding – A layer of damp sharp sand is then laid to a thickness of 50mm before being compacted. A second layer, with a depth of 20mm is then laid on top and levelled in line with the appropriate falls
- Block Paving Installation – From here, the block paving can be laid. We always start this process at Didcot, Kidlington and Witney properties from the bottom of a slope, laying blocks at 10-15mm above the desired level. After filling the gaps with kiln-dried sand, we compact to finish.
Pattern Imprinted Concrete | What to Expect
As a stunning, yet cost-effective, home improvement, property owners across Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire are turning to pattern imprinted concrete patios and driveways in increasing numbers. With its low-maintenance, weed-free nature, these installations are renowned for their longevity.
Property owners can choose from brick, stone, cobble, slate and tile finishes. For a more rustic look, we even lay pattern imprinted concrete to replicate timber.
In our position as paving contractors, welay pattern imprinted concrete patios and driveways in Abingdon, Banbury, Bicester and nearby locations following these steps:
- Digging Out & Formwork – Ensuring a minimum depth of 150mm below the damp proof course of any adjoining buildings, we dig out the chosen area and set the formwork to contain the concrete
- Subbase – With any necessary fall and drainage facilities taken care of, a hardcore subbase is laid to a depth of 100mm to 150mm before being compacted. We then lay a slip membrane over the compacted subbase
- Laying the Concrete – We then lay wet concrete to a depth of 90mm to 100mm before levelling it off. The desired colourant chosen by clients in Didcot, Kidlington, Witney or the surrounding areas can be added at this time
- Stamping the Pattern – To create pattern imprinted concrete patios or driveways, we lay specially designed mats over the wet concrete, stamping it with the chosen design
- Sealing – After all quality checks have been completed, and the concrete has dried and been cleaned, we add two coats of translucent sealer to complete our pattern imprinted concrete driveways and patios
To view examples of our block paving and pattern imprinted concrete patios and driveways, please visit the recent projects page.